Imagine sitting in two rooms side by side. One room has a 50-pound heavy-steel ceiling fan turning round and round, and the other has a windmill ceiling fan made of lightweight aluminum. Which metal apparatus would you rather have spinning above your head?
Many people might say the steel fan. Sure, it’s a bear to install. But it evokes feelings of strength and durability.
Plus, it can also push a lot of air, right?
After all, comfort and style are the names of the game.
While these things are true, it’s important not to sleep on the benefits of aluminum. Most fans on the market today are made of wood, plastic, Steel, or medium-density fiberboard or particleboard.
But at The Original Windmill Ceiling Fan Company, we would never use anything other than aluminum.
From our nine years of custom-creating Windmill Ceiling Fans, we would go as far to say that you shouldn’t get a ceiling fan made of any other material!
Here are 5 BIG reasons why!
- Starting with Steel — while it seems like a unique design, steel blades would be WAY too heavy! Most steel ceiling fans weigh around 50 pounds with maybe 3-5 blades. This will get you some airflow, but not a lot and not consistently. In contrast, windmill ceiling fans have 18 blades; collectively, this fan pushes a lot of air and remains incredibly lightweight. That’s because aluminum is one of the lightest metals in the world. Hence, blades will cut through the air with little resistance. Also, aluminum makes installation with existing supports and electrical service extremely easy. There’s no need for extra bracing or support.
- Durability — Putting Steel aside for a second, wood and other materials commonly used in ceiling fans can warp, fade, sag, suffer from chips and cracks, and become water-logged over time and exposure to the elements. This is especially true if your fan is made of these materials and is outdoors. On the other hand, aluminum is strong and corrosion-resistant, which means it stands up to the harshest of conditions and lasts forever! Just another reason we have chosen aluminum as our windmill ceiling fan blades.
- Indoor and Outdoor Capability — With aluminum, you don’t have to worry about whether or not the fan you’re creating with us will work indoors, outdoors, or both. You can install it inside your home, businesses, restaurants, covered patios, and more because our windmill ceiling fans are damp-rated for indoor and outdoor use! The possibilities are endless for use. You can check out our gallery for some of our fans in indoor and outdoor client spaces.
- The Perfect Angle — Aluminum is easier to work with and more pliable than most other materials. Aluminum’s malleability allowed it to work at an angle that will push heavy airflow through a room effortlessly.
- Custom Designed Finish — Aluminum finishes are easy on the eyes and create a unique look that makes any room in your house the envy of the neighborhood. The first Windmill Ceiling fan finish was the classic galvanized silver, also known as the raw aluminum look – and people request that heavily to this day! But what if you’re looking for a fan that LOOKS like wood but is made of aluminum? We can do that and MORE! We are the only company that provides unique custom finishes for our windmill ceiling fans, designed with your style and hand-crafted by our skilled artisans.
Convinced you NEED an Aluminum Windmill Ceiling Fan Yet? There’s none more unique than ours!
At The Original Windmill Ceiling Fan Company, we work with you one-on-one to replace that once-unassuming fan with a work of custom art that will last a lifetime. Our Windmill Ceiling Fans are reminiscent of the old farm-style windmills, incorporating a large diameter and strong blades to create a surprisingly efficient and delightfully inexpensive product. These fans can be any finish and design you can come up with; in the past, we’ve matched fans to furniture, home hardware, cars, and sports teams. Some of our classic and most popular finishes are:
The Cattleman, Charred Whiskey Barrel, The Buckle, Barn Metal, The Train Station, Galvanized Silver, and hundreds more!
Our fans are hand-cut, hand-assembled, and hand-packaged at our warehouse in Pilot Point, Texas. Every last nook and cranny of each fan, right down to the lightweight aluminum custom finish, is made to suit each order. On top of that, we deliver a one-of-a-kind look, feel, and unrivaled strength and craftsmanship.
We are the only Windmill Ceiling Fan supplier that provides custom fans to match your personality and style and uses aluminum in their fan designs!
- Quickly match the finish of your fan to the rest of your home
- A one-of-a-kind look and feel
- Not mass-produced
- Made in America
- Unrivaled strength and craftsmanship
Call today at 972-834-5555 to chat with Kelly and create your custom Windmill Ceiling Fan or visit www.windmillceilingfans.com.